Vision and Scope
Primarily focused on educational reform in Kazakhstan, this journal presents original, English-language, scholarly work in the form of empirical studies, critical article/book reviews, theoretical analysis papers and evaluative policy analysis papers. Published articles will fall broadly into these categories:
● International cooperation
● National and transnational policies
● Administration/ Management
● Vocational Educational Training Institutes
● Minority issues
● Gender issues
● Leadership in education
How to become an Author
- Our authors tend to be graduate students or emerging scholars;
- Authors must present original findings and analyses on educational topics important to them;
- Interested authors should register at nugserie.nu.edu.kz.
How to become a Peer Reviewer
- Our peer reviewers include graduate students, alumni and faculty.
- Peer Reviewers must possess current knowledge of professional standards in one or more of the fields listed above;
- Peer Reviewers should complete a one-time workshop with NUGSE student editors and faculty members.
- Interested peer reviewers should register at nugserie.nu.edu.kz, being sure to indicate their research interests.
- Deadline for initial submission: September 15 for winter issue, January 30 for summer issue
- Original research articles may range from about 2,000-6,000 words in length. Naturally, policy papers and article/book reviews are shorter and empirical studies are longer;
- Papers should meet the journal’s aim and scope described above;
- All submissions must include an abstract (75-150 words), keywords and references;
- Manuscripts should be double spaced and follow APA style guidelines for citations, headings and tables.