Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (If the writing was created for a particular course assignment, this should be made clear in a footnote on the first page.).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided. All citations follow APA formatting guidelines.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the word count, stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- All personally identifiable data have been removed from the file. Follow the detailed instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review.
NUGSE Research in Education Copyright Statement
A copyright policy protects the work of the author and the publisher. NUGSE Research in Education (NUGSERIE), as a free, student-oriented, open access journal, intends to share the rights and responsibilities with our authors. This means that you, the author, revoke your sole ownership of your material and allow for the publication of your work online, and in print form, if/when NUGSERIE chooses to print copies of the journal. Your article will be published on the website and freely accessible to others.
NUGSERIE carries a Creative Commons license (Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike). By agreeing to publish your work with NUGSERIE, your work will be copyrighted under the this Creative Commons license, which means that others can download and reproduce parts or all of your work as long as they reference you as the author and NUGSERIE as the publisher.
By having submitted your paper to NUGSERIE, you are asserting that the manuscript:
- is your own work;
- has proper citations for any portions that refer works that are not your own ideas;
- and has not been published in other journals.
If at any time, it comes to the attention of the editors that there has been a violation of copyright or plagiarism you will be notified, and your work will be removed from the website.
If you want to use your work in another publication following its publication in NUGSERIE, you will need to contact NUGSERIE Editorial Staff to request permission. There will be no fee involved in this process. Likewise, if NUGSERIE would like to re-publish your work in a different form or format, they should also contact you for permission.